Claymation Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claymation Forums

A stop motion animation site for all areas of animation from claymation to CGI. Take part in competitions and win prizes.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Sign in and POST! Let's get this forum moving!
A claymation stop motion animation forum from Crux Animation! Sign up now and discuss animation, enter competitions and be part of an animation community.
Submit your nominations for the "Animation of the week" now!
Visit www.cruxanimation.com for information on animation

AT - First Long Term Project

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Altered Thinking
Junior
Junior
Altered Thinking

Number of posts : 72
Crux Cash : 121
Registration date : 2009-04-18

AT - First Long Term Project Empty
PostSubject: AT - First Long Term Project   AT - First Long Term Project EmptyThu 23 Apr 2009 - 6:24

okay, before i give some details i thought i'd ask a question (or two).

-FIRST: what is a good program to use for lip-syncing? i currently have JLipSync, but it doesnt work well with very long sounds as you cannot scroll through it when it is zoomed in. so then i have switched to Flash 8 and it seems to do the job.
-SECOND: any general tips you can give when using replacement mouths or anything general that would help me make this project turn out better.

this is my first music video and long-term project (long as in more than a week or two).

anyway, here are the details as posted earlier on my site. and as i make more progress i will update everyone here on some exclusive details and screenshots as the community here, however tiny it may be, is pretty cool.

Quote :
22 April 2009

i am starting to make a music video and have started to map out the lip-syncing to the words and made little storyboards as i go. I am using flash8 as JLipSync wont work as well with very long sounds.

i wont mention the song now unless someone actually cares what song it is.

And so far my little brother has given me the okay, so im going all out on this one!
AT - First Long Term Project Thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
http://www.spanglefish.com/bluesourdough/
TheClayGuy
Junior
Junior
TheClayGuy

Number of posts : 38
Crux Cash : 73
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: AT - First Long Term Project   AT - First Long Term Project EmptySun 14 Jun 2009 - 0:08

cool
Back to top Go down
Flapjak
Administrator/Site owner
Administrator/Site owner
Flapjak

Number of posts : 174
Crux Cash : 380
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: AT - First Long Term Project   AT - First Long Term Project EmptyTue 16 Jun 2009 - 2:48

I've used mouth replacement speech and the main thing to have ready are the mouths pre-made so you can just switch them (I guess you knew that). Also, it's sometimes good to have an "inbetween" mouth as some sounds between syllables aren't definite are sort of a mix of 2.
As for lip-syncing... I use iStopmotion Express which has a feature which lets you import a video of yourself saying the words and you can match your character's mouth frame by frame to what shape your real mouth is in. This also helps with timing. If you can't do this with whatever you have I suppose you could mark the audio tracks per syllable which could take a while.
E.g. "Hello, what a nice day" could be marked just with paper and a media player
so something like...

seconds
0.00 - "Heh"
0.12 - "eh"
0.17 - "LLL-"
0.25 - "Oh-"
0.67 - etc.

Then maybe you could work with that for everything.

I've never used that before and it would probably take all eternity but depends how committed you are.
GrinningGrinning
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruxanimation.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AT - First Long Term Project   AT - First Long Term Project Empty

Back to top Go down

AT - First Long Term Project
Page 1 of 1